The Ten Best Running Shoes For Men
Seasoned runners and newbies getting kitted out for the first time must think carefully before selecting their running shoes. Crucial to protect your feet and body from the hammering, twisting and shearing forces generated as you run, it’s important to find the right match for your build and the terrain you are running on. The Ten Best selects the running shoes that are winning the race in technology, protection and comfort…
- Mizuno Wave Creation 11 running shoes, £69.95, Sportsshoes.com: A neutral trainer with extra attention to detail. Firm and secure underfoot, providing a responsive and springy ride.
- Saucony ProGrid Triumph 8 running shoes, £85.45, Sportsshoes.com: Luxury running shoe offering great protection. ProGrid cushioning for excellent impact absorption.
- New Balance Men’s MR993GL Running Shoe, £72, Amazon: A heritage shoe featuring cushioning in the heel and forefoot, for the runner who requires a blend of great cushioning and support in a classic style.
- Asics GT 2160, £61.95, Sportsshoes.com: Perfect for the serious runner in need of additional support to prevent overpronation. The lightest shoe in the 2000 series so far.
- NIKE Lunar Eclipse+ running shoes, £73.05, Amazon: The seamless upper features Nike Flywire construction for comfort, while the floating heel clip brings dynamic support.
- Asics Gel-1150 running shoes, £99.95, Amazon: Mild structure, with the added benefits of a full length SpEVA midsole, and reflective fabrics to improve visibility in low-level light.
- Brooks Men’s Brooks GTS 10 Black Running Shoe, £112.46, Amazon: An evolution of the Adrenaline line maintaining its signature fit and function, providing great support and comfort.
- PUMA Complete Vectana 2 running shoes, £76.99, Milletsports: Puma designed this shoe for runners who are on the heavy side. It offers excellent cushioning for anyone that lands hard on their heel.
- New Balance M1226 running shoes, £109.99, Sportsshoes.com: A highly technical running shoe, which has been designed and built for runners that demand support, comfort and precision.
- Nike Air Pegasus 27+ running shoes, £76.49, Milletsports: Ultra-lightweight with plush cushioning and durable construction. A mesh upper with supportive overlays offers a breathable, secure fit.